SDK Makes It Easy to Develop Innovative Industrial Apps
Rockville, MD (April 15, 2020) – Industrial IoT leader Machfu IIoT Solutions has added more flexibility and power to its signature industrial gateway with the launch of the Machfu IIoT Solutions Software Development Kit (SDK). The SDK is a set of tools that allow application developers working in industrial markets to develop new and innovative Apps that run on the Machfu IIoT Gateway. Machfu’s IIoT Solutions SDK makes it easier to rapidly develop Apps that improve industrial operations.
“For years our customers have used the Machfu IIoT Gateway to provide secure edge to cloud connectivity because it simplifies configuring, connecting, managing, and processing data from equipment running on different protocols,” said Jai Dialani, Machfu’s IIoT Solutions Director of Products. “Our graphical SDK now provides industrial customers with a set of tools to develop tailor-made industrial Apps in as little as six weeks.”
The greatly abbreviated timeline is possible because the bulk of the application software is auto generated, which means developers only need to write their own business logic. This frees application developers and domain experts who work with Modbus, DNP3, and IEC 60870 protocols to focus exclusively on their own value-add.
“The SDK provided by Machfu IIoT Solutions is easy to use and lets one develop smart grid applications rapidly. Since the Android studio is used for application development, it does not require deep embedded programming experience and most of the application is auto generated except for the core business logic,” said Dave Greenly, Software Architect, TAV Networks. “Machfu’s IIoT Solutions unique low power edge intelligence capabilities, powered by a customizable application framework, helps customers focus on what they do best and remain competitive in their field.”
Machfu’s IIoT Solutions SDK libraries are designed with highly optimized code to achieve maximum performance with minimal overhead. Its proprietary set of industrial plugins enable interactive and dynamic workflows through GUI wizards and generate template code allowing the developer to focus on business logic. The following plugins are included in the SDK for swift application development and innovation:
- Project Creation: Create an industrial App to run on the Machfu IIoT Gateway
- Network Configuration: Configure/Provision IP network layers to configure firewall rules, and port forwarding
- Device Configuration: Access underlying device-specific protocols including Modbus, DNP3 and IEC 60870
- Data Model: Abstract device protocols and their corresponding object models to an abstract data model
- Time Series Database Library: Option for Apps to record events and interactions with their configured devices for scenarios based on custom business logic which may include data for historian, edge analytics, audit trails, and post event analysis
- Cloud Connector: Create MQTT connections to providers such as AWS IoT, Azure IoT Hub, Google Cloud IoTCore, including support for private MQTT brokers
- Security: Provides an implementation of the security best practices
To learn more about building industrial applications for the Smart Grid or Oil & Gas markets with Machfu IIoT Solutions SDK.