CAREERS AT MACHFU
Machfu provides a friendly and flexible environment that upholds the best values of corporate, national and global citizenship. You will be working with superstar engineers who obsess over innovation and deeply value collaboration. We believe that company success is closely aligned with employees’ success.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
We are looking for a software build/test engineer to develop and execute system tests and build to ensure product is ready for production release.
Test/Build engineer’s responsibilities include contributing to design and implementation of system tests, system builds, application tests, application builds. It is expected that you will be debugging, identifying applications at fault and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. open defect counts).
The build engineer plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting system builds before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will monitor all stages of software build process to identify and resolve system dependencies and closing work with test and development teams to deliver systems free of malfunctions and meet high quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide timely feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured build process which include system test plans.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate system testing and system building activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software
- Track quality assurance metrics
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Stay up-to-date with new build tools and build strategies
- Proven work experience in building large software systems
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and building tools
- Solid knowledge of scripting languages and databases
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject & 3 – 4 years of work experience
- Compensation commensurate with market. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Significant experience coding in C (specifically using embedded C
features) and familiarity with assembly language programming.
Good knowledge of operating system concepts such as interrupt handling, task and resource synchronization, memory management etc.
Familiarity with cross-compiling process and tools (e.g. GNU compilers, debuggers, disassemblers etc.)
- Experience writing/using peripheral drivers (I2C, UART, SPI, HW timers etc.) preferably for ARM based micro-controllers.
- Linux (developing embedded C applications)
Experience working with RTOS (e.g. writing various tasks, using event groups, timers, messages etc.)
Experience/familiarity with Bluetooth (Low Energy) technology (e.g. GATT profiles, advertisements etc.).
- Familiarity with IDEs such as IAR embedded workbench, etc.
- Miscellaneous (Wireshark, Bluetooth sniffer, Linux shell scripts, AT-commands etc.)
3 weeks of vacation, health, dental and life insurance benefits, stock option plan